- Download PBO View from this website: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434 Scroll down to where it says "Download from FTP #1: " And click Pbo View directly underneath.
- Unzip the entire folder somewhere on your C drive. If you run into issues, I put everything in a folder on my desktop. (You will need a program like 7Zip to unzip any download. Google this or submit a ticket for help.)
- Log into TC Admin. Click the "File Manager" button. Open the "MP Missions" folder. Inside are all of your server's mission files.
- If you are playing Chernarus, you want to match your instance ID for example dayz_1500.chernarus.pbo.
STEPS 5 and 6 are only required if you do not know what your instance ID is.
- To find your instance ID please open a new window and go to TC Admin. Do not exit the file manager window.
- Click "Configuration Files" - from the TC Admin game service page. Then, In the row for Bliss\beserver.cfg, click "Configuration Editor" Your instance ID is at the bottom.
- Go back to the File Manager from step 3 above. Click the Globe (Download) button to the right. Save it to your desktop.
- Run PBO View from step one. Press the unpack button to the right and choose the mission file located on your desktop.
- This will create a new folder on your desktop with the unpacked mission files.
- Make any changes you need. Press the Pack button on PBO view and navigate to the folder you modified to pack the new mission. This will dump the new mission file on your desktop. Delete the one that ends with .bak
- In the File manager of TC Admin, Rename your old mission file to something like "OLDdayz_1500.chernarus" or delete it if you do not need it.
- Then press the upload button to upload the new mission on your desktop and you are done!
This next guide will allow you to make your own custom loading screen when you load into the server.
- Open your description.ext file inside your unpacked mission folder.
- Edit the "loadScreen = "blah/blah/blah/dayz.paa" line to: "loadScreen ="yourImage.jpg"
- Save your new image in the same folder as description.ext
- Make sure the image name matches the name in the description.ext
- Pack up the mission file and upload to your server!
Guide written by: Chad