ARK: Server Clusters
ARK Clustering refers to taking multiple servers and linking them together to allow transfer of characters, dinos, and items through the Obelisks to your other servers. Server owners can use multiple instances of the same map or different maps to allow players to transfer between ARKs and learn engrams, tame map specific dinos, or escape their tribemates.
Basic Cluster Settings
When configuring a cluster, a server owner can choose to restrict uploads or downloads for the aforementioned groups. Additionally, tribe owners can also restrict who uploads or downloads after setting up admin permissions. The following settings are as follows:
Modify Server Config
- No Tribute Downloads
- Disallows tribute downloads. This will prevent all uploads / downloads from working on this server.
- Prevent Upload / Download Survivors
- Controls the survivor downloads permissions. If players try to transfer to your server, and you prevent players from downloading survivors, they will be forced to create a new character.
- Prevent Upload / Download Dinos
- Controls the permissions for dino transfers. Dinos can be set to be uploaded away from the current map while preventing players from downloading dinos.
- Prevent Upload Download Items
- Controls the permissions for allowing the transfer of items on this server.
Advanced Launch Params
- No Transfer From Filtering
- This prevents players from transferring survivors, dinos, or items from servers outside of the server cluster. This can be used to keep people from using overpowered or godly dinos to keep the playing field fair.
For PC server, two or more servers can be linked together as long as they share the same Cluster Code, which can be found in the control panel. The Cluster code is made up by the server owner. Example: 356543454. Unlike PS4 servers, custom launch parameters can be used to set either game server to run on Workshop maps, such as Crystal Isles, Gaia, or Shigo Islands. Since both servers will use the same configuration settings, changing any of the permissions / restrictions on uploads or downloads will affect both at once.
NOTE: There is a problem with some mods causing issues with dino transfers, such as the Classic Flyers mod. Some flyers that have additional points in speed may be lost in the transfer process.
For PS4 servers, two or more PS4 servers can be linked together, as long as they share the same Cluster Code, which can be found in the control panel. The Cluster code is made up by the server owner. Example: 356543454.
Multiple server owners can link the servers together, as long as the Cluster Code is identical across each. Each server can control the restrictions on whether to allow uploads, downloads, and of either survivors, dinos, or items.
Questions and Answers
Q: How do I get a cluster server?
- A: Simply order a new server and use the same Cluster Code of the cluster you wish to join in your control panel.
Q: Will I lose anything on a clustered server if I activate or deactivate a clustered server?
- A: No. For PC servers, the cluster data is stored in a separate folder for your game server. Survivor, dino, and item data is separate between each server while allowing transfers between both. If you want to deactivate a clustered server, but want to keep your characters, then transfer all characters/dinos/items to your main server.
- For PS4 users, each server stores their own data, so adding or removing one server from the cluster group will not affect saved data on the rest.
Q: I don't like the map for one of my clustered servers. Can I change it?
- A: Yes! To do this, simply change the value for the Map option in your control panel and click on the green button to save settings and restart game server.
Issues & Bugs
Forced to create survivor
Forced to create survivor
Unable to see cluster server
Tribemates can upload/download but I can't
Check the administrative permissions within your tribe and see if there are any restrictions placed by the tribe leader. If you are the tribe leader and other people can't upload/download, try creating a separate group for more trusted folks or open up permissions globally for your tribe.
Share your opinion