How to Create a Icarus Game Server Guide
Creating an Icarus game server can be done with either a dedicated server or a home computer or hosted and rented from a server provider.
Option #1: Renting an Icarus server (see example control panel below!)
Option #2: Creating an Icarus Server From Your Home Computer or Dedicated Server
Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Server 2008, Server 2012 & 64-Bit
Quad Core processor (requires up to 2 full cores)
Up to 16GB memory (currently uses around 6GB memory minimum and up to 15GB of memory for a full server)
2GB disk space (install folder)
Step 1: Fetching Game Server files from SteamCMD
The best method to get game server dedicated hosting files is via SteamCMD.
- Create a folder where you wish to store your Icarus game server hosting files
- Inside of the folder, place the newly downloading SteamCMD.exe file
- Create a batch file named SteamCMD.bat
- Place the following code in this batch file:
- @echo off
- start "" steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "C:\Some\Path\Where\You\Want\Game\Server\Files\To\Go" +app_update 2089300 validate +quit
- Right-click SteamCMD.bat and Run as Administrator
- Your game server files should be completely downloaded by now
Step 2: Setting up Your Icarus Dedicated Server
- Head into the folder where you downloaded the files
- Create a bat file called host.bat.
- Right click on the host.bat file and edit it to look like
- IcarusServer.exe -log -MULTIHOME=XXX.XXX.XXX -PORT=30077 -QueryPort=30078 -ResumeProspect -SteamServerName="Customer Game Server"
- Save then run the bat file as admin
Share your opinion