Manually restore data
The backup feature through the control panel is a separate service that we offer and it affects both single servers and cluster servers simultaneously. If you want / need to restore a specific server, such as your primary one, you can do this via FTP. For instructions on how to use FTP, please refer to the FTP Access page.
Using FTP, you can access various content for your PixARK Server. The following files are found in their respective locations. (XXXX = your game server ID)
- Current world file and backups - /ShooterGame/Saved/CubeServers/CubeWorld_Light/XXXX/Map/
- Tribe backups - /ShooterGame/Saved/CubeServers/CubeWorld_Light/XXXX/Tribe/
- Player data and backups - /ShooterGame/Saved/SavedPixArkXXXX/Profile/
The world backups have a specific file format as follows: MapName_Day.Month.Year_Hour.Minute.Second.ark.
The timestamps are always in GMT time zone (Eastern time +5 hours, Pacific time +8 hours). Here is an example of a server with Ragnarok as the main map and with backups available for it.
- CubeWorld_Light.ark (current map file)
- (backup taken on April 6th, 2018 at 11:46 AM, GMT or 6:46 AM, Eastern)
- (backup taken on April 6th, 2018 at 1:56 PM, GMT or 8:56 AM, Eastern)
- (backup taken on April 6th, 2018 at 4:56 PM, GMT or 11:56 AM, Eastern)
To restore a backup manually, simply access the folder via FTP and do the following while the server is stopped. Using the example above, here's how to do that.
- Copy and paste a backup you wish to restore to, such as CubeWorld_Light_06.04.2018_16.06.40.ark</li>
- Rename CubeWorld_Light.ark to CubeWorld_Light_old.ark. (backup purposes)</li>
- Rename CubeWorld_Light_06.04.2018_16.06.40 - Copy.ark to CubeWorld_Light.ark.</li>
- Restart your server for the backup to be restored.