Moons and Planets
Planets are destructible and can range in size from 19km to 120km in diameter. If you have already started your world but want to add planets and moons, then planets and moons must be placed manually by the player. Moons and Planets are actually the same thing but moons tend to be much smaller and have less surface generation. Just like Asteroids they are completely stationary and will never move no matter how much force is applied. They are also not effected by gravity. If multiple planets are spawned too close together, then strange physics can occur between objects in their gravitational pull. Although, the planets will never move.
List and Measurements
Surface and Ore Generation
Planets and moons are not procedurally generated. They are pre-loaded voxel models. When increasing a planet or moons size, it's model will stretch with it. The textures and vegetation aren't stretched, only the surface model is.
Ore generation is random. Although, not all planets and moons are considered equal.
|Body||Cobalt Ore||Gold Ore||Ice||Iron Ore||Magnesium Ore||Nickel Ore||Platinum Ore||Silicon Ore||Silver Ore||Stone||Uranium Ore|
How to Spawn Manually
1. Press Alt+F10 (Admin Menu) and enable creative mode tools.
2. Go to the GPS coordinates of your choosing for placement.
3. Press Shift+F10 to open spawn menu.
4. Select "Planets" from the drop-down.
5. Select the planet or moon that you want.
6. Select the size that you want.
7. Finally, click spawn. (It will spawn away from you in the direction that you are looking)
Share your opinion